Saturday, August 20, 2005

Update from Loyola

We're at Loyola now. There were several problems with the transfer, but to cut out all the garbage that happened, here's a quick update.

Kyle is doing MUCH better now :) Oxygen is down to 1/2 litre. His chest x-ray from this morning no longer shows the pneumonia, just a little infiltrate of hazing. The drs have discontinued the Vancomyacin, and he's only on Clindomycin (sp?) now. They're starting IV nutrition, vs just fluid through the veins, today. And Monday we begin a series of tests to ensure that the Fundo is the right procedure, and that there are no other issues making the situation worse.

We'll be here for at least another week :( But I'm set up at the Ronald McDonald house, so I can take breaks and rotate with Karl.

Thank you all for your thoughts and prayers. And to the ladies at WebMD, Twinshock & HCTS that follow us - Tell everyone that Kyle sends big kisses :)

4 Comments:

At 8/22/2005 4:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katra-

Please know that you and your family are in our hearts and prayers. Give Kyle a big hug from me. He has come so far and is an absolutely adorable little boy. Your strength amazes me. Take care - I have added Kyle's name to the prayer list at our church.
Janell Fotovich-

 
At 8/23/2005 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katra,

I think of you and Kyle often. I hope things work out with surgery.

Wendy (lovebeingmama on twinstuff)

 
At 8/26/2005 12:40 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katra,
My prayers are with you and little man. I really hope all is well and he can get right back on the wonderful and progressive path he is going. He has gotten so big!

 
At 3/24/2006 2:28 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I heard from you almost a year ago when my girls were born. I had twins with IUGR and one was a micropreemie at 1lb 2oz. I ran across your site again and I am so glad to see Kyle doing so great. My small twin came home with oxygen and had liver issues as well. She was at Tulane when Hurricane Katrina hit. If you want to contact me my addy is kristifont@yahoo.com

Kristi (Kristi F. from Twinstuff)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home