Monday, January 24, 2005

It's been a while!

Hi all, so sorry that I haven't posted in a while. We've just been so busy!!! Here's a quick update:

At the end of October, they stopped the steroids. We have dropped from 1.5-2litres in oxygen to 1/8-1/4... That's right - we're WEENING!!!

In November, Kyle got tubes in his ears - doing great! Hear's wonderfully :D Thank you Dr. Hotaling!

In December, Kyle got a g-tube put in :( poor baby. He just refuses to eat, so this is really helping with his refulx. I don't regret the decision, but I do want him to eat some day - it's hard facing this as a parent, but Kyle is a trooper!

We have also hit a MASSIVE growth spurt!!! Here are the stats:
Height: 27inches - 50%, yep that's right WE'RE NORMAL!!!
Weight: 19lb 11oz - 80%, starting to level out finally
Head: 43cm (not alot of growth here, but that's okay) - 40%

6 Comments:

At 1/25/2005 2:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katra, I'm glad to hear Kyle is growing so well! It sounds like it's been a rough couple of months. I'm sure you're hanging in there well, we miss you on IBH!
-Meghan

 
At 1/26/2005 8:53 PM, Blogger RB said...

Amazing how busy the little ones keep us! I found your blog a while back and kept checking back for pics, I am so glad to hear that all is well!

 
At 1/30/2005 8:08 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Katra and Kyle. I check in here once a month to see how you and the family are doing. Glad to hear that all is going well. I miss you lots.

Kiley

 
At 2/02/2005 9:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I miss you on twinstuff. where is your new website and how can I get there?!

you can e-mail me at kristinmurphy@aol.nospam.com

Miss hearing updates about Kyle, but glad to hear he is doing so well.

 
At 2/03/2005 8:46 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can I have the new website too?! I was away from TS for a few days and I still don't quite get what happened. I've been following Kyle's story for so long I would hate to stop now - your little man brightens my day!

Thanks
Jen
jsholmes2000@hotmail.com
(if you send me an email - I'll send you my username - don't feel like posting it here - I might get banned from TS ;)!)

 
At 2/04/2005 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Katra - Kyle is doing great! My daughter was born on the same day full term and is the same weight!

I miss you on Twinstuff - What is the new website? We are all wanting to know, but can't get any information there. Can you post it here?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home