Saturday, November 25, 2006

Christmas is Coming!

























































Karl and Kyle set up the Christmas Tree today. Karl actually put it on our bedroom so that I could enjoy it with them. Kyle got to hang several little ornaments along the bottom. All the while saying, Wow, Oooh, Yeah, and so on. This is the first year that he's really taken an interest in Christmas or even the tree. So I'm thinking this is going to be a great year for him. He's already got a jump start by learning Jingle Bells, so sweet.

Kyle also got to tour his new school this past week. Karl met with the Director and District Nurse. Everything went great, and Kyle played like a big boy during the meeting. They go back for evaluations with the PT, OT & ST groups on December 6th. It seems so real, my little boy is going to start school!

As a little school gift, mommy has ordered him a very special something, to be given on his birthday. Using most of it will be limited to play indoors until the spring comes, but I know it will be special none the less. We bought him the complete Kidorable Frog Collection. Boots, Hat, Umbrella, Raincoat, Backpack & t-shirt. He watches this little show called Jack's Big Music Show on Noggin, it's all about music and learning. Anyway, his favorite singer, Laurie Berkner, does a song called Boots. During the song, they feature Frog Rain Boots. Kyle LOVES it. He yells, Hop, Hop, and will being hoping or dancing around. He also stomps and acts like he's splashing. It's just too cute for words. Well, I know he wants boots - so I was thrilled to find the exact ones for him.

To discuss his health for a moment. It seems he has picked up a stomach virus somehow. Karl had to take him to the Pedi on Wednesday, and if things haven't cleared up by Monday, we'll have to schedule him in again. However, he does seem to be doing better than the other day. He's stopped throwing up, but we're still working through the loose stool issues - or should I say poor daddy is. :( I have to be a little careful around him, to avoid getting sick myself.

This picture is a little older, but it's from the first snow.


And one more, just because.
Pregnancy News...
Well, you're going to have to get this info on another site. I wanted to keep this blog dedicated to Kyle. So, we've set up a blog for baby. You can access it at the following link:

http://knoernschild.aboutmybaby.com/

We've loaded in some pictures, and added another update there. We have many more pictures to scan, convert and upload, but I can only ask so much of Karl at a time. He is truly the best man in the world. I don't know how he's managed to do as much as he has thus far, but I can't thank him enough for caring for both Kyle and I.

3 Comments:

At 11/27/2006 4:10 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, your tree looks awesome! How great that the boys put it in the bedroom where you can enjoy it.

Kyle is going to just love the frog set you got him. How absolutely adorable!

I can't believe that he's going to be starting school.

 
At 11/28/2006 10:57 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the new baby. I wish you all the best of luck in the future. Kyle looks amazing & sweet as ever!

 
At 12/27/2006 12:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a lovely Christmas. I found you doing a search for preemie info. I have a three-week-old preemie boy, born at 28.5 weeks who is having lung problems (no time for me to get prenatal steroid injections as labor came on like a train wreck).

You have a beautiful boy, and your site is an inspiration to me. I'll keep checking back.

Much love and health to you during your pregnancy, and for your little Kyle and hubby, too.

Best wishes,

Poppy H.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home